Heading towards the next edition of the Web Summit, ECO gathers the upcoming entrepreneurship events in Portugal you must keep an eye on.
With just a little over two months to go before the Web Summit, Lisbon, Coimbra and Oporto will host several events for new entrepreneurs in different areas, such as health or technology. ECO gathered some events, both free and paid, for different audiences who want to develop their ideas and transform them in potential business ideas.
- Between September 4 and October 16, the Portuguese Entrepreneurial Association (AEP) will have 15 free Mentoring and Coaching sessions. The event will take place in the Oporto University (UPTEC) and will concern five major areas: Individual, Pitch, Competences, Resources and Project.
- On the 5th of September, the Lisbon headquarters of Microsoft will receive the seventh edition of the Canopy Lisbon Startup Series Demo Night. The event will gather up to six startups in the technology and life science areas. The same event will happen on the 3rd of October, in ETIC.
- In the digital health area, Porto Design Factory will take in the new edition of the Startup Pirates Digital Health. It will happen between September 9 and 16, and it will have talks, workshops, mentoring sessions, social contact and a final pitch.
- Pixels Camp Launchpad will happen between September 25 to 27 and it will gather technology developers to the entrepreneurship world. The organization opens its doors to young university students and startups aiming to present and develop their ideas. In the end of the event, the best projects will be awarded.
- On the 25th and 26th of September, the University of Coimbra will receive the second edition of the Engineering, Entrepreneurship and Employment Fair (F3E — Feira de Emprego e Empreendedorismo para a Engenharia). Both days will be filled with workshops, talks and an engineering job fair.
- Between September 28 and October 1, DIG Lisbon 2017 will meet with the support of the Portuguese Beta-i. The event focuses on building a better relationship between the media and startups.
- On September 30 and October 1, Coimbra will host the Hack 4 Ageing Well. Instituto Pedro Nunes will have a 24-hour hackathlon. The event, organized by the Belgium AAL PROGRAMME, intends to join the development of technological solutions to active ageing.
- On October 9, Oporto will receive the Franchising and Entrepreneurship Congress, organized by the Portuguese Franchising Association.
- The Lisbon Congress Center will host the “Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurship: Do Better” symposium on October 12. Participants will be able to hear four panels of Portuguese and international speakers, concerning health and entrepreneurship areas.
- In Oporto, between the 13 and 14 of October, the Portugal International Coaching University is organizing an event called StartUP Coaching organized by the Young Portuguese Entrepreneurs’ Association (ANJE).
The month of November will be special because Lisbon will host, for the second time, the Web Summit. The conference on technology and innovation is taking place in Portugal once again and among the recently confirmed key speakers are Al Gore and Garry Kasparov. Over 60 thousand participants from 170 countries are expected to show up in an event that will take over the 18 stages in FIL.