The economy minister Siza Vieira presented on Friday new measures to support the Portuguese economy, worth 7 billion euros.
The new measures to support the economy launched by the Portuguese government are valued at more than 7 billion euros, of which 1.16 billion euros are non-refundable, the minister of economy and digital transition said on Friday.
“Altogether, these measures correspond to more than 7 billion euros, of which 1.16 billion euros are non-refundable support, aimed at companies,” said Pedro Siza Vieira, stressing that this also adds important support in the sectors of sport and culture.
The economy minister spoke at a press conference to present the new measures to support employment and companies decided at the cabinet meeting on Thursday, where the deconfinement plan until May was also disclosed.
According to him, these measures are intended to reinforce support for the economy and employment and some specific activities.
“They are now more comprehensive and more targeted support, also to the sectors that were most impacted by the situation throughout this year, which aim to encourage companies to recover their activity in the coming period and that are extended, also for this reason, for longer than previously announced,” he said.
The press conference that is taking place also includes the minister of labour, solidarity and social security, Ana Mendes Godinho, the minister of education, Tiago Brandão Rodrigues, the minister of culture, Graça Fonseca, and the assistant secretary of state and fiscal affairs, António Mendonça Mendes.