The Portuguese government announced on Thursday that it will be forbidden to circulate between municipalities between October 30 and November 3.
The government announced on Thursday that it will be forbidden to circulate between municipalities between 00h on October 30 and 23h59 on November 3. This is the weekend that coincides with the All Saints’ Day, on November 1.
“The resolution now approved determines the prohibition of movement between different municipalities in the continental territory in the period between 00h00 on October 30 and 23h59 on November 3, and that defines a set of special measures applicable to the municipalities of Felgueiras, Lousada and Paços de Ferreira in the context of the situation of calamity because of the Covid-19 pandemic,” according to the Council of Ministers.
Mariana Vieira da Silva, Minister of the Presidency, explained that this limitation of movement between municipalities is similar to that in force during Easter, with exceptions for workers, for example.
The decision was taken this Thursday at the Council of Ministers, along with the more restrictive measures that will be applied from 00h00 on October 23 to the municipalities of Felgueiras, Lousada and Paços de Ferreira, where there is currently a higher incidence of cases. There are many special measures that will apply to these three municipalities:
- The duty to stay at home and citizens must avoid moving in public spaces and streets, as well as in private spaces and streets equivalent to public roads;
- It is established that private vehicles may circulate on public roads as long as it is to conduct authorized activities or for refueling at gas stations;
- All retail and service establishments, as well as those in commercial complexes, are required to close at 10 p.m., except for pharmacies and non-prescription drug stores;
- Prohibition on hold celebrations and other events involving a crowd of over five people, unless they belong to the same household;
- The obligation to adopt the telework regime, regardless of the contractual relationship, whenever the functions in question allow it.