The Council of Ministers extended until 23:59 on 14 October 14 the contingency situation throughout the country.
The Council of Ministers extended until 23:59 on October 14 the contingency situation “throughout the national territory”. The information was transmitted by the Government in a communiqué, at a time when the pandemic situation in the country continues to develop unfavourably.
To this end, the various measures created by the Executive to try to control the Covid-19 pandemic, which came into force on September 15, will continue. Among them, the limitation of gatherings to ten people, half of what was allowed before, except in the case of cohabiting families.
“All contingency measures are maintained, with no change,” Mariana Vieira da Silva, Minister of the Presidency, explained at a press conference after the meeting.
The main measures are:
- Gatherings limited to ten people;
- Commercial establishments are not allowed to open before 10 am, with exceptions;
- Establishments must close between 8 pm and 11 pm, and the time must be set by the mayors of the respective municipalities;
- In the catering areas of shopping centres no more than four people can sit at a table.
- Ban on the sale of alcoholic beverages at petrol stations and, from 8 pm onwards, in all establishments (except meals)